Friday, 3 August 2012

#4 The time I...broke up with someone via Facebook

St Gervais, France This is post 4 as part of our  Agony and The Ex-tacy series.

So this is a pretty serious one. One that was really a big heartbreak for me and no doubt for him.

We had a whirlwind romance. We loved and laughed and cried. We lived together in two of the most beautiful places in the entire world. I thought he was the one. In fact I was quite literally BLINDED by love. I thought he could do no wrong, even when the wrong he was doing was all up in my grill and I was plain ignoring it.

I would come home from a long day, so excited to see him, he wouldn't even turn his head to acknowledge my presence. I thought he was sensitive, brooding, smart... My blinding love didn't let me see further than that. The truth was we had problems, he had problems.

Being a closed book does nothing to a girl but insight some crazy ass psycho bitch sh*t. I understand not telling everyone everything all the time, but sometimes, you gotta share guy!

One day I saw a message on Facebook (gah Facebook... you are a naughty ol' soul) and with little stalking (I promise, I hardly clicked 3 times) I saw a message that said he was in fact leaving me, in a foreign country, alone, in TWO weeks... my stomach literally fell out of my ass, along with my heart. I was DEVASTATED. I couldn't confront him... I had stalked, mis-trusted him... gone behind his back blah blah blah.

In the end he left... we amazingly stayed together.

Over time we spoke less and less. It was heart wrenching. In the end I decided to 'test him' because you know... that works out great every time... NOT.

I vowed I wouldn't call him or mail him or anything until he mailed me (did I forget to mention I was 25 at the time?) weeks were slowly turning into months and I had seriously had enough.

One day I logged onto Facebook and with a small click he was out of my life. I felt relieved. It hurt, but this weight that was over me was too much.

Now, we are bestest friends but it took a while to get there. We struggled and we had it rough and now I realise that no matter how crap something is, ducking your way out of it on Facebook is not cool and makes you look like a giant sh*t house!

Yours hiding behind Zuckerburg,

J x


If you would like to do a story for us, along the lines of "The time I..." please get in touch. It can be happy, sad, funny, cringe-worthy. As you know, we won't judge... much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jemily and Precious HEARTS procrastination... leave your words to read to keep us from productive tasks...work is for grown ups.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails